Cleaning the kitchen sink properly is essential for ensuring the highest cleanliness levels in the kitchen. Yet, a great number of people often skip this part, giving it just an occasional scrub. However, if you don’t properly clean the kitchen sink, not only will it look greasy and stained, but it will also enhance the spreading of germs that can endanger your health.
So, you should always take the time to clean it meticulously after making your kitchen cabinets shine. There’s a reason why professional home and apartment cleaning services in Spanish Fort always include this task.
How do I disinfect my kitchen sink?
Disinfecting the kitchen sink will help prevent the growth of bacteria, so you shouldn’t skip it when cleaning the rest of your kitchen. There are several effective ways to disinfect your kitchen and what they all have in common is meticulousness. Here are a few helpful tips:
- Grab a clean sponge. The sponge you use for washing the dishes is home to a scary number of bacteria, so make sure to use a clean one. Also, you should replace your kitchen sponge as frequently as possible.
- Use an adequate cleaner. You shouldn’t grab just any cleaning product and start scrubbing the kitchen sink because it can damage the finish. Instead, make sure to find out which one is designed for the particular material your sink is made of.
- Be thorough. Don’t rush through this process because you can easily miss cleaning a spot. So, take it slow and clean every surface, including faucets and handles.
- Prevent clogging. A simple trick to prevent your kitchen sink from clogging is to pour some baking soda down the drain and rinse it with warm water. You can also mix it with vinegar.
What can I use to clean a stainless steel sink?
Stainless steel is one of the most popular types of material in kitchen design because it gives kitchens a sleek, modern flair. However, when cleaning any stainless steel surface, you need to be careful not to damage it. So, if you have a stainless steel sink, here’s what you need to do:
- Don’t use acids and salts because they can damage the finish.
- Avoid abrasive cleaners, ammonia, and bleach when cleaning, too.
- Use a nylon sponge and mild dish soap to clean the sink on a daily basis.
- Rinse after each cleaning and dry out the sink with a soft, clean cloth.
- Remove stains by sprinkling baking soda and using a sponge and warm water.
- Rely on distilled vinegar to disinfect your kitchen and prevent mold growth.
How do you get stains out of a kitchen sink?
While some smudges can be easily removed from the kitchen sink, there are stains that are so stubborn that they require a more thorough approach. So, if you have a really stained sink, you don’t have to worry because there are several ways to clean it and give it back its shine.
As already mentioned, baking soda is a great way to remove stains, especially if you mix it with white vinegar. You can also use powdered borax and lemon juice to deal with those nasty stains.
However, if you don’t want to make your own cleaner, you can find commercial cleaning products, but consider going with a green alternative. This will not only make your kitchen sink sparkle, but also help you avoid exposure to dangerous chemicals.
Peerless apartment cleaning experts in Spanish Fort are just around the corner
The best way to clean your kitchen sink is to leave it to the pros who have the skills and supplies needed to make it spotless. And Maids à la Mode knows just the right people for the job! We’ll send an insured team of cleaning superstars to tackle the grime and grease in your kitchen, as well as other cleaning tasks such as making your bathroom clean and fresh.
Forget about dealing with mold under your carpets or wasting hours tidying up your entire home. Instead, you can go hiking through Historic Blakeley State Park and relieve stress. When you come back, your home will be in tip-top condition. Contact us today and we’ll match you with the best cleaning pros in the area!