Housework may seem like a truly unimportant task, but it can be a reason for occasional disagreements in a marriage. While cleaning your home is truly tedious and repetitive, it simply needs to be done if you want to keep your home clutter-, dust- and dirt-free.
Of course, this doesn’t mean you alone should be in charge of doing it. Your husband should help you with house cleaning as much as and whenever they can. But, what should you do if your husband doesn’t really have the habit of cleaning or just doesn’t want to do it?
Aside from getting some cleaning help from experienced maids in Point Clear, there are a few ways to motivate your husband to be more active when it comes to cleaning your shared home.
Do husbands help with housework?
Household dynamics can greatly vary depending on a family. Some people tend to divide household chores among all family members while others decide to handle them on their own.
However, unless there’s any specific reason why your husband can’t help you with house cleaning, you should feel free to ask him to help you out. Of course, if your husband has a certain disability or works two jobs, he may not be able to keep up with a lengthy to-do list.
Nonetheless, you still might be able to reach a compromise and find a cleaning plan or schedule that works for both of you. The most important thing is not to let household chores get between you. Remember to always put your marriage first.
How do I motivate a lazy husband?
You may be wondering what to do if your husband is simply a bit lazy sometimes and always finds an excuse not to clean. First things first, remember to be patient and don’t lose your temper the moment you see he hasn’t washed the dishes again. Use this as an opportunity to talk and discuss some of the following things:
- Your shared expectations. You need to establish what both of your expectations regarding household hygiene are. You may say that you expect your husband to tell you in advance when he won’t be able to help around and for a real reason.
- Your way of doing things. If you like doing chores a certain way, don’t expect your husband to do it exactly the same. You should either find a compromise that works for both of you or give him enough time to learn how to do it your way.
- Cleaning priorities. While certain household chores need to be done on a daily basis, others can be done every once in a while. Discuss what the cleaning priorities are since this can be helpful if you have to finish the cleaning chores in your home fast.
- Cleaning checklists and schedules. Instead of having to remind or even nag your husband when something needs to be done, just create a cleaning list for each day. This way, he can keep up with all the chores easily.
- His strengths. If your husband is really good at some aspect of house cleaning and maintenance, you should play his strengths and put him in charge of something you know he’ll excel at.
- Your marriage. Finally, you shouldn’t forget that your love and happiness come first. This doesn’t mean that you should let your husband get away with slacking off around the house. Simply, avoid criticizing his efforts and remember to treat yourselves every once in a while.
Rely on highly trained & fully insured maids in Point Clear to make your home sparkle
Wouldn’t you and your husband prefer exploring the charms of Point Clear rather than spend your days cleaning? Maids à la Mode can make this possible! We’ll match you with the best cleaning professionals around to make sure your household chores are always done.
The cleaners we team up are nothing but highly experienced and professionally trained superstars who uphold the highest IICRC cleaning criteria. Schedule a cleaning appointment today and we’ll match you with the best of the best!