When you have a long list of chores, personal obligations, and business duties, it’s difficult not to neglect one of them. More often than not, you either completely sacrifice your personal time or delay doing your chores. Either way, you can’t manage to do everything at all times.
Luckily, by scheduling your household chores and taking a more organized approach to cleaning, you may be able to get back control over your life. Of course, you can always ask and motivate your husband to help you out or split the chores among the household members.
You can also book professional home cleaning in Point Clear on a regular basis and gain more time for the finer things in life. However, you’ll still have to clean your home every once in a while, so you should make sure to be as efficient as possible.
How often should I do household chores?
To maintain a clean, healthy home free from clutter, you’ll need to keep up with a regular cleaning schedule. This doesn’t mean that you’ll have to clean daily or do everything in a single day. Of course, there are some tasks that should be done more often, but this greatly depends on a number of different factors:
- The number of family members. If you have a big family, you’ll definitely need to clean your home more frequently, especially the common areas such as the kitchen, bathroom, or living room.
- The habits of your family members. The frequency of cleaning will also be determined by certain habits you and your family have. If, for instance, you don’t leave your shoes at the entrance, you’ll get dirt from the outside and spread it around your home, which will result in frequent cleanings.
- The presence of pets. It goes without saying that your furry family members will greatly contribute to the messiness of your home. So, this also means that you’ll need to do with certain tasks, such as carpet vacuuming, on a more regular basis.
What chores need to be done daily?
If you want to stay on top of your home cleanliness and maintenance, you should tackle a few tasks on a daily basis. You don’t have to spend too much time doing them and you won’t have to. Daily cleanings will enable you to keep your home looking and feeling fresh with minimum effort.
Here’s what you need to do daily:
- Keep clutter at bay. As soon as your home gets cluttered, it seems even messier. To avoid this, just declutter as you go, placing each item in its designated spot. Make sure to do this daily and your home will always look tidy and organized.
- Make the bed every morning. This is a simple, yet efficient way to start your day and welcome an atmosphere of freshness into your home. As soon as you make your bed, your bedroom will get an organized flair.
- Wash the dishes. Don’t let your dishes “soak” in the sink for hours or even days. Make sure to wash them or place them in the dishwasher as soon as you finish your meal.
- Clean any crumbs and spills. Not only will this prevent stains, but it will also eliminate the risk of germs lurking around your home.
- Make your kitchen countertops sparkle. After all, this is where you prepare your food, so make sure there are no traces of food leftovers, stains, bacteria, etc.
What chores should be done weekly?
Weekly cleanings are also essential for keeping your home in excellent condition. They include the following:
- Bathroom: Scrub the sink, tub or shower, and the toilet. Clean all the surfaces and walls. Wash the shower curtains, rugs, and towels.
- Kitchen: Wipe the surfaces, including the stovetop. Remove spoiled food from the refrigerator. Dust, vacuum, and mop.
- Bedroom. Wash dirty clothes, sheets, and pillowcases. Dust, vacuum, and mop.
- Living room. Declutter, dust, and vacuum. Clean the surfaces and remove the trash.
Schedule with the best home cleaning experts in Point Clear
You deserve to spend your free time with your family and friends and not dusting and mopping. Luckily, this can be easily resolved – just contact Maids à la Mode and we’ll send a crew to handle your chores to perfection. Spend your days exploring the charms and beauties of Point Clear and forget about chores.
With us, you get the absolute convenience, flexibility, and reliability. We work with highly experienced and qualified cleaners who employ proven cleaning techniques and cleaning products safe for you, your family and pets. Get the home you deserve – book today!