Without properly cleaning your house, there’s a risk of allergens and harmful particles, such as mold, spreading through your home. Not only can this seem unsightly, but it can also reduce your indoor air quality and cause allergic reactions in your family members.
So, no matter how busy you are, you should always do some regular cleaning to prevent mold growth under your carpets, in the bathroom, and other areas. Of course, if you can barely find time to socialize with the people you love let alone clean, booking premium house cleaning in Spanish Fort, AL can be an efficient, time-saving solution.
Nonetheless, it’s still important to know how to handle issues such as removing mold from your carpets or cleaning greasy kitchen cabinets. So, if you’re worried you have mold under your carpets, here’s what you need to know.
Is mold under carpet dangerous?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, mold can have a major effect on your health, causing a range of health issues, such as breathing difficulties, allergies, wheezing, coughing, etc. Mold can be especially dangerous for people with weak immune system, chronic lung illness, severe allergic reactions, etc.
However, whether mold under your carpets is truly dangerous can depend on several factors. For instance, not all types of mold are equally dangerous, especially if they’re not present in a large amount.
Still, no mold is good mold, so you should definitely remove it from your carpets. Inhaling mold particles or coming into direct contact with mold is certainly not recommended, especially if you’re prone to allergic reactions.
And since carpets may offer favorable conditions for mold growth, you should definitely inspect and clean them regularly. Carpets in humid areas require your special attention since mold needs moisture in order to grow.
Can mold under carpet make you sick?
Whether mold under your carpets can affect your health, in particular, depends on many different factors. For instance, if you’re generally more sensitive to allergens and get sick more easily, you may be at greater risk of experiencing some health problems.
However, you might be wondering in what way mold can affect your health. Simply put, mold particles can be released into your indoor air, lowering its quality. This means that you can inhale mold particles and start experiencing some short-term or long-term difficulties.
Furthermore, you may also come into direct contact with mold by, for instance, sitting on the floor or crawling around with your children. Consequently, you and your family members may experience asthma attacks, rashes, fungal infections, etc.
How do I know if there is mold under my carpet?
It takes time for mold to develop under your carpets, so you may not notice it at first. However, you can keep your eyes open for some of the possible signs:
- Stains and odors on your carpets can easily trigger mold growth under your carpets.
- Wet carpet padding can provide great conditions for mold to grow.
- Carpet discoloration can be an indicator of mold and mildew development.
- Visible green, black, or white mold is present in rare cases, but if you notice it, get rid of the entire carpet because removing the mold is likely to be impossible.
Tips for preventing mold under your carpets
There are a few ways you can prevent mold from growing under your carpets, including:
- Controlling indoor humidity levels. You can install a dehumidifier, especially in moist areas such as bathrooms.
- Dry out your carpets as soon as they get wet. You shouldn’t let water remain within the fibers because it will increase the risk of mold.
- Place your carpets wisely. For instance, the bathroom isn’t a great place for carpets since it’s highly humid. If however, you do decide to use a carpet there, make sure to keep your bathroom clean and fresh.
- Clean your carpet regularly. Even simple, regular house cleaning can go a long way in ensuring your carpets remain mold-free. If you don’t have time to do it, you can always hire the pros.
Rely on house cleaning experts in Spanish Fort, AL & have a healthy home
We know you’d rather spend your free time relaxing in Meaher State Park instead of dealing with mold under the carpets or getting stubborn stains out of your kitchen sink. Maids à la Mode will make sure you spend your free time the way you want to!
We’ll match you with the best cleaning professionals in the area who are ready to turn your home into a spotless haven. The cleaners we work with are strictly vetted, fully insured, and completely dedicated to meeting your cleaning needs. They use safe, eco-friendly supplies and proven techniques, so there’s no doubt that perfect cleaning service awaits you.