Moving is a tiring, time-consuming process that requires you to handle a long list of tasks. From transferring your utilities to your new home to arranging the move-out cleaning of your former residence, an array of tasks await you. Of course, you can always schedule a professional move out cleaning in Daphne, AL and save some valuable time.
However, you should still know what exactly needs to be cleaned and find the best way to handle move out cleaning because your landlord may find an excuse to keep your deposit. In addition, you’ll be able to organize your schedule better if you know exactly what to expect during your move out cleaning.
What needs to be cleaned when moving out?
Move out cleaning is important for multiple reasons. If you’ve been renting an apartment, you may be legally obliged to leave your former home pristine. Otherwise, your landlord can come up with a reason to keep your deposit.
On the other hand, if you’re selling your home, you need to appeal to prospective buyers by accentuating the beauty of your home. It goes without saying that cleanliness plays a crucial role here.
Move-out cleaning checklist and tips
Since you have to clean your home from top to bottom when moving out, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. However, if you create a checklist and find an efficient approach, you may be able to finish it effortlessly. Here are a few tips that can help you:
- Check the lease. Your landlord might have listed tasks that you need to complete before moving out. Check it and see what cleaning chores you need to do. They may also cover some expenses depending on the cleaning task.
- Gather your supplies. To stay as efficient as possible, gather all the supplies and focus on using quality cleaning products for optimal results. Otherwise, you may have to clean one area several times because of an ineffective cleaner.
- Pack and clean. You can clean the items you will bring with you and pack them as soon as you finish. This way, you’ll free the rest of the space for cleaning.
- Clean and clear the walls. Remove everything from the walls that wasn’t there when you moved in. Then, clean the walls by dusting or wiping them depending on the type of surface.
- Wash the windows, too. Use a quality glass cleaner to remove any smudges and streaks. Tackle the blinds and shutters at this point, as well.
- Dust, vacuum, mop. And follow this order for the most efficient approach. Start from the top and work your way down to make sure everything is clean.
- Remove trash and clutter. Finally, take out the trash and throw away any unnecessary clutter that shouldn’t stay in the apartment.
Of course, if you hire experienced cleaners, they will follow their own professional checklist and clean your former home to the last speck of dust, tackling even those inaccessible areas, cabinets, appliances, etc.
Do I have to pay for carpet cleaning when I move out?
This is one of the most common questions among tenants. Carpet cleaning is a demanding task that typically requires you to use specialized equipment and supplies for the best results. Of course, you can always vacuum it or wash it, but you probably won’t be able to remove some stains.
So, are you required to pay for carpet cleaning upon moving out? Here’s what you need to know:
- Your landlord cannot charge you for routine carpet cleaning. This is the case even if your lease states you have to pay according to the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection.
- Your landlord can deduct cleaning expenses from your deposit in the case of unusual damage. This entails any damage that you caused intentionally or due to negligence – for instance, cigarette burns.
Get help from the #1 move out cleaning experts in Daphne, AL
You don’t have to handle move out cleaning completely on your own when you can rely on Maids à la Mode. We work with the best cleaners in Daphne and we can send them your way as soon as you contact us. They are all reliable, highly qualified, and dedicated professionals with at least two years of experience in the field.
What’s more, you don’t even have to be home for your move out cleaning appointment. Instead, you can let your cleaners handle the chores and spend your time making other moving arrangements. You can even take a break and relax in Meaher State Park.
In addition, your cleaners can also deliver all-inclusive move in cleaning and clean your home properly before you settle in. Move with ease – let us match you with the best of the best!