When moving into a new home, you need to take care of a range of different tasks, from transferring your utilities to hiring a reliable moving company. However, one of the most important tips for moving out is to make sure that your old residence is properly cleaned and organized before you leave.
While the landlord is obliged to prepare their property for their new residents, there are still plenty of tasks you need to complete. Most importantly, you need to book the best move out cleaning services in Mobile, AL and make sure that your old apartment has been cleaned meticulously.
How do I get my full deposit back?
Your landlord can keep your deposit and even charge you after you move out if you leave their property damaged or in poor condition.
Typically, if you’ve damaged or neglected the property, your former landlord may keep a portion of or your entire deposit, ask you to repay them for the repairs or demand that you hire a repairman. This may happen in the event of:
- Damaged paint or walls
- Damaged or missing tiles
- Torn, stained carpets with holes
- Broken windows (glass or frames)
- Damaged or broken appliances and equipment
- Severely damaged countertops, floors, and other surfaces
Basically, your landlord has the right to charge you for any damage that hasn’t been caused by the normal process of wear and tear.
Tips for getting your deposit back
Some landlords may find any reason to prevent you from getting your deposit back, so it’s always advisable that you do everything you can to avoid this. Here are a few tips:
- Discuss the maintenance and repair terms before signing the lease agreement and include them in the agreement.
- Take photos or record a video of the property upon moving in so that you have evidence of the property’s condition.
- Keep records and receipts of all the repairs you’ve conducted while you were living in the apartment.
- Treat the property as if it were yours to prevent any damage in the first place.
- Inform the landlord of any accidental damage or wear and tear so that they can react accordingly.
- Hire a professional maid service to handle your move in/out cleaning, letting the pros work their magic and delight your landlord.
What is included in a move-out cleaning?
Move out cleaning is a type of cleaning service that entails a comprehensive list of chores. It typically combines deep cleaning services with additional tasks, such as cleaning the inside of the fridge, oven, cabinets and other areas not included in basic cleaning services.
What’s more, reputable cleaning professionals offer eco-friendly cleaning services, so you can even book move in/out cleaning based on the green approach and make sure that there are no traces of hazardous chemicals.
Hiring this type of cleaning service will ensure that your old home was cleaned in accordance with the agreement with your landlord. In return, your landlord will have no reason to deny you your full deposit unless you’ve severely damaged their property.
Do I have to pay for carpet cleaning when I move out?
When it comes to carpet cleaning, there are several things to keep in mind when moving out:
- Your landlord cannot charge you for routine carpet cleaning.
- They also cannot deduct move out carpet cleaning from your security deposit before you move out.
- Your landlord cannot charge you for carpet cleaning prior to moving out even if the lease says that they can.
- Your landlord can deduct carpet cleaning from your deposit if the damage was a result of “tenant abuse”.
Mobile, AL-based move out cleaning services your landlord will love
Are you wondering how to get your full deposit back and move out without any problems? Contact Maids à la Mode and we’ll send the best cleaners in the industry to handle your move-related cleaning. They will clean every nook and cranny in your old apartment, using first-rate cleaning products and a detailed cleaning approach.
Most importantly, while the cleaning experts we team up with handle your cleaning, you can take some time for yourself, visit the Conde-Charlotte House or take care of other moving arrangements. Here at Maids à la Mode, we strive to make your move effortless, so schedule a cleaning appointment today!